Somatics, healing & Trauma
Workshop at the University of New England
Saturday, November 11, 2017 * 10am-3pm * 108 Blewitt Hall
Cost: $125 professional, $75 Student. Sliding scale available, email email@example.com
Somatics, Healing & Trauma - Workshop description
The field of helping professions including therapy, counseling, social work is ever evolving these days based on exciting advances in neuroscience, somatic modalities and mind body explorations in healing. This workshop will cover the basics of somatics along with a deeper dive into trauma and nervous system, resonance and presence, safety and client coherence and more.
There's a lot to learn and it's an exciting time! Sage Hayes has spent the past 12 years studying and practicing integrative trauma healing with a somatic, body-based and holistic perspective both within a private practice, assisting at countless Somatic Experiencing trainings and working with communities on embodiment.
This workshop is for both professionals and students in the therapeutic, counseling and healing arts.
This workshop will explore and unpack:
* What is somatics? What does somatics mean within a therapeutic framework?
* How might somatic practices be relevant to your work?
* Trauma and the nervous system: We’ll explore a basic definition and dynamic model of trauma from a nervous system perspective.
* Basic skills to pay attention to and understand what’s going on in a client’s body and how to bring simple somatic practices into your work.
* Exploring the basics of resonance and intuition as transformational tools within your practice.
* Safety in your space: Why is it important to pay attention to a client’s sense of safety when they walk into your office/class, how do we do this and then how do we create empowering conditions for your work together?
This workshop will be both experiential and didactic - a mix of theory, skill building and embodied practice.
About sage hayes
Sage Hayes is a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, massage therapist, craniosacral practitioner, family constellations student/facilitator, community organizer and somatic educator. Sage has been in community practice for over 20 years and in private practice since 2006 as a somatic practitioner.
Sage’s work explores the dynamic intersections between justice, liberation, healing and the body - and how therapeutic practitioners can become more trauma and social justice informed and how activists, change-makers and social movements can become more somatically informed. More info on Sage: http://embodiedliberation.com/about/
Any questions about workshop content, email: Sage Hayes - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about logistics, email: Melissa Towle - email@example.com