In March, I completed a 200 hour yoga teacher training at Live Love Teach in Rhode Island.
Currently I teach two weekly classes: the Community Class at Portland Power Yoga on Saturday mornings, 9-10:15am and YoGay on most Sundays, 5:45-6:45pm. For more info about the practice and community class at Portland Power Yoga, please see http://portlandpoweryoga.com/the-yoga/class-descriptions/
YOGAY :: This LGBTQQA+ community yoga class is for beginners, experienced yogis, and everyone in between. The heated practice contains a series of poses paired with mindful breathing, working the connection between body and mind. A consistent practice will build strength, range of motion, and balance; creating a relaxed body and calm mind.
The root of this class is liberation, deep strength and love.
A couple of things:
- This is an all levels class, ALL welcome
- This is a vinyasa flow class where we breath together with each pose. This is a fitness style yoga where we land in our bodies and build strength.
- Bathroom + locker rooms are gender-neutral.
- Your experience on your mat is YOURS- there's no right or wrong - the class will teach you basic alignment and mindful breathing. There is no hands on assisting or adjusting.
- Please arrive early, anytime after 5, to fill out a waiver and acclimate to the studio!
- The studio will warm, likely in the mid 80s, so dress accordingly.
- Bring a yoga mat, water, and beach towel. Towels and mats are available for rental
Allies to the LGBTQQ community are welcome. A straight ally or heterosexual ally is a heterosexual and/or cisgender person who supports equal civil rights and challenges homophobia, biphobia and transphobia.
LGBTQQ youth are welcome with parental permission. Please email email@example.com for parental wavier forms.
Class fee: $10, youth and low-income are by donation.
No one will be turned away.
Bring a mat, towel and water. Mat rentals available.
Teacher: Sage Hayes
Sage recently completed hir 200 Yoga Teacher Training with the folks at Live Love Teach and Rhode Island Power Yoga. This is Sage's first class offering after the training. For more on Sage's background, go to: http://sagehayes.com/about/
*Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, queer, questioning, alllies
(Trans)formative Embodiment Group
*Ten week group for trans folks*
Transgender, Transexual, Gender Fluid, Gender Non-Comforming, Gender Neutral + Gender Out-of-the-Box
Community + healing + love.
Starts in April 2016
Location in SoPO at Alchemy Healing Arts: 87 Ocean Street
Week 1: Welcome + Intros
Week 2: Trans History: Yours, Mine + Ours
Week 3: Personal Stories
Week 4: Radical Resilience/Support/Home + micro/macro aggressions
Week 5: (trans) body + embodiment + healing
Week 6: Boundaries, Safety + Home
Week 7: Thrive & Big Dreams
Week 8: Embodied Liberation
Week 9: Culmination
Week 10: Party!
Sage has been facilitating wellness groups since beginning the 'Wellness Project' at the University of New Hampshire, a 10 week experiential community-building journey geared towards various student populations. Combining hir love of transformation, social justice, deep embodiment and somatic healing - Sage is shifting some of hir private practice towards applying somatic healing collectively.